About Me

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Teavana's Defense Tea Review

Teavana has come out with a new line of wellness teas. Being a person that is constantly worried about getting sick, I wanted to buy all 7 teas but I restrained myself and only bought Defense. Defense is a white tea that is meant to boast your vitamin C levels.

White tea got its name because the part of the leaves used is covered in white hairs. White tea leaves have the least amount of treatment during production, they are rapidly steamed and dried, leaving the leaves fresh. This is what sets it apart from other types of teas. It is also thought to have a multitude of health benefits including antioxidant, antibacterial, and anticancer effects.

I'm not normally a big white tea fan, it has a very distinct taste and it's very delicate, the tea leaves burn easily if the water is too hot. This tea smelt so good at the store that I couldn't turn it down and I am always up for a little Vitamin C boost.

I tried this tea at my parent's house with a kettle that wasn't programmable, which makes it harder to get the proper temperature.  I used 2 teaspoons of the tea without
any sweetener added and steeped the tea for 5 minutes as per Teavana's instructions. This tea smells like citrus with hints of lime, pineapple and orange.

I could definitely taste the notes of citrus, however, it wasn't as good as other wellness teas that I have tasted. It wasn't a tea that I would go out of my way to drink but it wasn't bad. The things that I didn't like about the tea were typical white tea characteristics. With that being said, if you like white teas, you will probably like this one. 

4 comments:

  1. Cool post! I didn't even know about white tea! I'll have to go out and buy some when I'm done my pack of Bengal Spiced Tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Patrick! Where do you get Bengal Spiced Tea? I would love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. certain specific strains of tea like green tea has also been found to work as an anti-depressant, it can help with your mood next time you are feeling little stressed out and plus it's easier than brewing coffee, winner! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete