About Me

Friday, March 11, 2016

Live Wire Lemon Tea Review

I'm sure it comes as no surprise that when David's Tea released its Feel-Good Collection I decided that I needed it. The packaging was so beautiful and it came with 5 new teas so how could I say no!

One of the teas that is in this collection is the Live Wire Lemon Tea.This tea has a high level of caffeine. It is a mate tea, also known as yerba mate. Mate tea is a traditional South American drink made for the dried leaves of an evergreen holly plant. Mate tea has significant cultural importance in South America and it is said to have the strength of coffee, the health benefits of tea and the euphoria of chocolate. If all that is true, that's one impressive drink!

This tea is made with apple, ginger, lemongrass, yaupon, and lemon peel. Yaupon is an interesting ingredient because it is a species of holly found in North American, that was used in Native American purification and unity rituals.

With so much cultural significance, I had to try it out and see for myself if it lived up to all of the hype. I made this drink according to David's Tea's instructions, added a couple pieces of rock sugar into my tea bag and steeped the tea for 6 minutes.

I love this tea! It is light, refreshing and tastes of citrus. Being a person that can't drink coffee because it makes me too jittery, this drink never gave me any of those side effects and I felt alert after drinking it. I would recommend this to anyone looking into alternatives to coffee or a new morning drink.

5 comments:

  1. Great post!

    I am a coffee person but surely I will try this tea as I like citrus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at "euphoria of chocolate". Great Review I am going to look in to this one, Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ktea great post ! if you are looking for something new, than you should try Bengal tea with ginger and cardamom. If you want than I can make one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about lemon.Please keep sharing.
    Health Is A Life

    ReplyDelete